You have eight products in your range, what makes them different?
We have a sealer comparison chart that explains at a glance what the main features of each sealer does. Each sealer has been designed to make the job of sealing easier, quicker or both.
I would like to seal my blocked paved driveway, what is the best product for this?
Ideally you should buy Paver Sealer & Binder (Block and contract), it contains a sand binder and will water proof the whole area, it is also very hard wearing. You could also consider Paver Sealer which does a similar job but in a different way, it is cheaper than Paver Sealer & Binder but will not wear as well, Paver Sealer & Binder also contains more sand binder than Paver Sealer.
Have you got a sealer that will still allow the stone to breathe and won’t leave a shiny, or enhanced surface?
Yes, there is a choice of sealers. Our basic sealer is Natural Stone Sealer, it’s very good and the most popular sealer in our range. Then there is EASYSeal Ultimate, it contains an added formula ‘Dirt Defence’ which gives the seal an added strength, that makes it harder wearing, it is also water based.
I am about to get my patio cleaned but it is looking dull, I understand you have a sealer that enhances the stone is that right?
Yes, we have two excellent colour enhancers that also seal your paving, these are suitable for most types of natural stone and have been specifically designed to treat and protect Slate, limestone and sandstone. EASYSeal Sandstone Sealer Enhancer and EASYSeal Slate & Limestone Sealer Enhancer - both are designed to impregnate the surface bringing out the natural colour and patterns in the natural stone. By incorporating the sealing and enhancing process, in one application, we have made your job easier and quicker. Unlike most other sealers, our EASYSealers can be used before jointing paving, because they are water based sealers and allow natural stone to breathe thus allowing salts and efflorescence to pass freely through the natural stone paving and wash away from the surface. Beware other sealers that can’t be applied for up to six months and can trap the salts under the surface of the sealer, leaving a horrible milky finish!
I have an exposed wall that takes an age to dry out after it rains, will your sealers work on it?
The product you need is Water Seal +, it contains a formula that will not only seal the brickwork preventing further penetration it actually allows trapped water within the bricks to exit. As a result it may actually increase the thermal properties of your home.
I am about to lay a new patio down, when should I seal the paving?
Where ever possible seal the paving before you joint it, the advantages are two fold, not only will you be able to seal the top and sides of the stone, giving it better protection, you will also note that it is not recommended that the paving is sealed for 4 weeks after using EASYjoint. For particularly sensitive stone such as Granite, Black Limestone & Modak we recommend all six sides of the stone are sealed. It is possible for contaminants to be drawn from the sub base into the stone and to the surface.
I have a patio that was sealed several years ago and it looks like there are trapped deposits between the stone surface and sealer. What can I do?
The old sealer that was used can’t have allowed the stone to ‘breathe’ and has trapped salt deposits under the surface of the sealer. Often salts are released from natural stone, normally within 6 months of laying new stone. Firstly you will need to remove the old sealer, you can do this with EASYCare sealer remover to expose the natural stone, it can then be cleaned and re-sealed using a sealer from the EASYSeal range: EASYSeal Natural Stone Sealer, Ultimate, Enhancer or Slate & Lime Sealer Enhancer all allow stone to breathe and will not trap salt deposits – thus avoiding those unsightly white stains. If the efflorescence is difficult to remove use EASY Efflorescence Destroyer before sealing it.
Note: Not all white deposits are Efflorescence, for hard calcium deposits you will need to use EASY Mortar Stain and Calcium Remover .
Brief usage instructions
- Do not apply when ambient/surface temperature is below +10ºC
- Do not apply in wet weather, when rain is imminent or before substrate is completely dry
- Allow to cure overnight before subjecting to heavy use - increase this time in cold, damp conditions
- Not suitable for non porous surfaces e.g. quarry tiles, engineering brick, polished or glazed surfaces
- Clean regularly with a non-abrasive cleaner to maintain the slip resistant properties of the treated surface
- Spillages or contaminants such as grease, oil, algae etc. should be removed immediately
- Re-treat with EASY Deck magic as necessary to maintain optimum performance. Lightly used surfaces will last longer. Heavy traffic areas may need retreating more frequently
- Keep pets away until surface is fully dry
Application - Do not dilute - Use as supplied
- Shake the container well before use
- Always test a small inconspicuous area before use to ensure surface compatibility, performance, finish, texture and level of slip resistance is acceptable
- Ensure surface is thoroughly dry and dust free before application
- Do not pour directly onto the surface. Apply by brush, roller or low pressure garden sprayer
- Apply in generous even coats, avoiding runs or puddles by removing excess product from the surface.
Decking and timber floors
- On brand new bare decking apply 1 generous coat - approx. coverage up to 6m2 per litre depending on porosity
- On 2-5 year old decking apply 2 coats - approx. coverage 4-6m2 per litre for first coat; less is used on second coat
- 5+ year old decking apply 2-3 coats depending on porosity - coverage as above.
On all other wood structures
Apply 1 or 2 coats depending on porosity. If liquid disappears from surface quickly, apply a 2nd coat within 2 hours of the first – approx. coverage 4-6m2 per litre on first coat - greater coverage on 2nd.
Note: Better performance is achieved by applying subsequent coats 1 - 2 hours after the previous coat is touch dry. Full performance is reached in 3 -7 days depending on the timber.
Clean brushes, rollers and other equipment immediately after use with soapy water
Storage and Display
Do not use below 5ºC. Best results achieved between 10ºC and 30ºC. Keep out of direct sunlight and protect from frost
Health & Safety
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not breathe spray
- Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
- IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a poison centre or doctor.
Disclaimer: If used in accordance with the instructions, EASY Deck magic should produce satisfactory results, but no guarantees are given or implied. Neither the manufacturer nor supplier accepts any liability for markings or changes in appearance of the material on which it is used